Wednesday, May 2, 2012

This year has been a year of transitions.  I started working again in graphic design, and I started applications to go back to school.  I've moved twice in the last 6 months, and now one job is ending and I'm wondering what the next job will be.

I keep asking God where I am going, but he only shows me what to do one day at a time.  I like the open endedness of the process, but I am still overcoming the anxiety.  It's a nonsensical anxiety, because I know God knows the end even before the process began, and I know he is always taking care of me.  In fact, he always makes sure I am well taken care of, not just a little.

So the process is in me, learning to give up the thinking and the control.  It's funny because I thought I had learned that at one time, but now, in new circumstances I have to learn the same lesson again.  I want so much to be able to live in that frame of mind.

So here is my picture of where I am.  I think it comes from the many verses in the Bible that say "Our God is a consuming fire."  It is God's burning Son, the one how purifies us by fire, and it is a wonderful process, and enjoyable if you can give yourself to the process and not the life situations.  It's a process of being purified in the fire like gold, seven times, and as long as my goal is to become more like him and not to be a great earthly success it is glorious.

This image is in the etsy store also, but I am putting it up for free for a month here.

Blessings,  Ann

This stamp is now available at the store only

2 comments:

  1. Ann, I will continue to pray for you. I know God knows the plan but sometimes I wish he would share just a little more with me. LOL! I understand the transitions you are going through. I am day 3 on a brand new job and while I am grateful, I am stressed; but I know God will work it out because He opened this door in the first place.

    Take care.

    Lawren

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers go out to you Ann...I know the feeling of putting your life into God's hands. The last 2 years have been very difficult in our family also, with most of us being out of work for long periods of time. But God does watch over us and provide for us when we need it most. My ds and dh are now working again and I know that soon my dd and I will be also. Thank you so much for this amazing image.

    Hugs ~ Charlene

    ReplyDelete